This recipe comes from one of our friends, John Lindsey, or as you may know him on Instagram as, @themovementjourney. A mobility master, John incorporates bone broth into his diet to aid in his fitness goals, from just sipping on it, to cooking his meals with it. Recently, he posted a beef shank recipe using our Butcher's Bone Broth and we couldn't resist asking for it! John was gracious enough to share it with us--while you're cooking his recipe, try out some of his moves on his Instagram!
Bonus tip: John recommends drinking the leftover broth after cooking!
- 2lbs Grass-fed beef shanks
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed ghee
- 1.5 cups Butchers Beef Bone Broth
- 4 cloves of garlic (smashed/minced)
- 1 Tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 Tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 Tsp thyme
- 1/2 Tsp dill
- 1/2 Tsp rosemary
1.Preheat Oven to 350F
2. Sear Shanks in ghee (about 2 minutes per side, iron skillet recommended)
3. In a dutch oven add shanks, Butcher's Bone Broth, garlic, and cover with salt, pepper, and herbs
4. Cover and bake for 2 hours, and then devour!