Feeling like you might need a couple meals to detox a bit from holiday bingeing? We've got you covered. This brown rice bowl is rich in antioxidants, protein, and fiber to keep you full. Best of all, we're sure you'll love eating this so much, those holidays won't even be a blip on your radar.
This recipe is a nice double-whammy as it incorporates cooking the rice in our bone broth (for added nutrients and flavor) as well as topping off the bowl with our ready-to-heat-and-eat sous vide Butcher's Chicken! Packable and delectable, enjoy this bowl on the go or at your dinner table.
- 3 cups chopped sweet potato (about 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1 1/2 tbsp and 1/2 tsp olive oil divided
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 9 oz Butcher’s Chicken (any flavor) cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups shaved brussels sprouts
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 20 oz. brown rice (short or long grain)
- Butcher’s Bone Broth (any flavor) as sub for water for rice
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add sweet potato to a large bowl along with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cumin. Toss to combine everything together. Spread on a baking sheet and roast until soft, about 15-20 minutes.
2 Add remaining olive oil to pan along with onion, brussels sprouts and garlic. Sauté until onion, brussels and garlic are all softened, about 5 minutes. Add black beans, cook another 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat until sweet potatoes are cooked.
3. Cook rice according to package directions using Butcher’s Bone Broth in 1:1 ratio for called for water. Toss with chopped cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
4. To assemble, put rice in the bottom of four bowls. Top with onions and brussels sprout mixture, sweet potatoes and Butcher’s Chicken. Garnish with cilantro.