We've paired a lot of aromatics and spices with our Butcher's Chicken (formerly known as Salad Chicken) for a delicately rich Thai-inspired app to share at your next dinner party! This dish also works well without the lettuce wrap to pair with other comestibles like rice or chips!
Serves 6-8 as an appetizer
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 Thai chilies
- 2 stalks lemongrass, quartered
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- ½ Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp cane sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 box Roli Roti Salad Chicken in Chile Lemon, 1” cubed
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Persian cucumbers, diced
- ⅓ cup of cilantro, rough chop
- ¼ cup Thai basil leaves, stems removed
- 1 head bibb lettuce, washed
- ¼ cup toasted coconut chips, to garnish
- Lime wedges, to garnish
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add coconut milk, Thai chilies, lemongrass stalks, grated ginger, fish sauce, and cane sugar. Once the coconut milk comes to boil, turn heat to low and reduce for 30 minutes to infuse ingredients.
- Strain the coconut milk infusion and discard the chilies and lemongrass stalks. Add lime juice. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cubed Roli Roti Salad Chicken, red onion, cherry tomatoes, diced cucumber, cilantro, and Thai basil. Add ¼ cup of the cooled coconut milk infusion and mix until fully coated. Taste to see if you need more coconut milk, adjust as needed.
- Prepare bibb lettuce cups by adding 2 Tbsp of the chicken salad on each leaf. Top with toasted coconut chips and serve with lime wedges.