This recipe comes from our friend Chelsea Elder! A coach and a trainer, Chelsea recently also contributed to our blog about how to avoid over indulging during the holiday season--we know it's hard not to! Included in her strategy? Satisfying meals that won't have you reaching for more fattening holiday dishes. Check out her recipe for a Lemon Kale Cashew Soup below:
- 4 carrots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 inch piece of both fresh ginger and turmeric, peeled and loosely chopped
- 1 head kale, chopped
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 whole lemon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cartons of veggie stock
- 8 cups Butcher’s Bone Broth (any flavor)
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot, add carrots, onion and celery to cook until softened.
- Add garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt and pepper to taste until garlic is fragrant.
- Add Butcher's Bone Broth and bring to a simmer and immediately add kale and cashews.
- Simmer 20 minutes
- Add juice of whole lemon and puree in a high speed blender, season to taste.
- Top soup with chopped cashews and cilantro if desired. Perfect all on its own, too!