This is a dish that can truly be had as breakfast for dinner, or even as breakfast for lunch! Not your typical sweet and fruity oatmeal, the addition of bone broth as well as a bunch of Asian-inspired ingredients makes this a bowl that's not only full of fiber and protein, but full of tons of spice and flavor as well. Not a mushroom fan? Feel free to add any of your other favorite veggies or another protein!
• 2 cups Roli Roti Chicken Bone Broth
• ½ tsp soy sauce
• 1 tsp red miso
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 ½ cup quick oats
• 1 Tbsp butter
• ½ cup maitake mushrooms
• 2 eggs, poached, optional
• 1 tbsp chopped scallions, to garnish
• 1 Tbsp chili oil, optional
• 1 tsp sesame seeds
1. In a small saucepan, bring chicken bone broth, soy sauce, miso, and salt to a boil.
2. Add quick oats and reduce heat to medium low. Stir until the oats are fully hydrated, about 2 minutes. Cover with the lid and turn off the heat.
3. In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and add maitake mushrooms. Stir mushrooms into butter and cook until golden brown and edges are crispy, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. To serve, fill two bowls with miso oatmeal. Top with a poached egg, fried mushrooms, chopped scallions, a drizzle of chili oil, and sesame seeds.