If there's a time for carbs, it's definitely the holidays. And while we can't say that our version of stuffing is healthy (but there is an option to use gluten-free bread!), maybe you'll feel a little less guilty eating this stuffing thanks to the added nutrients of our bone broth.
We love this recipe because it's easy and also because you use our broth to cook veggies--an underrated and under the radar way to use bone broth. We hope you and your guests enjoy gobbling up this dish!
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup apple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 7 slices gluten-free bread
- 1 cup Butcher’s Chicken or Turkey Bone Broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Set oven to broil.
- Place bread slices on a lined baking sheet and broil for 2 minutes.
- Cut bread into 1-inch squares and set aside.
- Set oven to 350 F.
- In a medium saucepan, use 2 table spoons of Butcher’s Bone Broth to saute celery, apple and onion in ghee. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add bread and Butcher’s Bone Broth. Stir to coat ingredients in broth.
- Add saucepan ingredients to a greased 8-inch cast iron skillet.
- Top with pecans, cranberries and parsley
- Bake for 30 minutes.