This recipe comes from our friend Lauren O'Connor
, a registered dietician, nutritionist, and yoga instructor! Her recipe for this refreshing summer (we're refusing to believe summer is almost over!) soup is easy and satisfying leaving you ready to enjoy the last few weeks of sunshine, wherever you are!
Here's what Lauren had to say:
Simply prepared with just a few ingredients, you can't go wrong with this cold zucchini soup. Low in fat, high in protein, it's perfect for a mid-day snack or beat-the-heat meal.
Makes 2 large bowls (or 4 appetizer portions)
- 2 large zucchini, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2/3 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup European style Greek Yogurt, plain
- 1 cup Roli Roti Butcher's Chicken Bone Broth
- 6 large leaves basil
- 1 sprig rosemary
1. Add zucchini, onion and garlic to high speed food processor or blender. Process until well blended.
2. Add in remaining ingredients and continue to process for about 3-5 minutes until desired consistency.
3. Recommended serving suggestion: Garnish with basil, a dollop of yogurt, and sliced bell peppers.
Nutrition per serving: Cal 176, Fat 1.7g, Chol 6mg, Sodium 124mg, Fiber 4g, Sugars 16g*, Protein 23g
*No Added Sugars